Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Night In Bologna: December 30,2008

I arrived at the Milan airport and immediately too a train to a random place close by in Italy as I'd visited Italy once before and knew I didn't want to stay in Milan. The random selection turned out to be an amazing little city called Bologna which I only selected because the name sounded slightly familiar. As I arrived in the small city I checked into a hotel at random which turned out to be one of the crappier hotels I've ever paid for as I felt I'd received more for my money staying in hostels then in what was supposed to be a three star hotel. But I didn't let it bother me as I just needed a place to crash for the evening. That night I had a delicious tortellini dinner and glass of whine before I went exploring and found beautiful scenery, buildings, an open air ice skating rink filled with couples enjoying the night air, and even some ancient ruins. And although the evening was short and I was to leave the next day I held a place in my heart for the small city of Bologna which one day soon I'd love to go back to once more. But as morning came I left to go back to the Milan airport and take a flight to Madrid wishing had certain circumstances not occured that I could've spent more time in Italy.

No comments: