Monday, March 23, 2009

The Weekend of The 6th

This proved to be a week of excitement as I found out one evening that I was going to be participating in a tennis tournement the next week. So that Friday I then went shopping for some new tennis necessities including shoes as mine were falling apart and I'd needed new one's ne ways, a new racket (my old one is on the verge of death), and the uniform needed to represent the University. Ana went with me and we decided to do some accessory shopping afterwards and enjoy a juice and that evening she and I went out dancing with the others in Cholula. The next morning we of course had our internship. As well I paid a visit to Erick and his friends whom we'd met in Acapulco because one of his friends Angel had invited me to a big party that weekend. So I went to Toluca for the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday. It was here I discovered how much of a party animal my friend Angel really was.

The next morning we all ate chilequiles and Erick took us around the city of Toluca where we went to an indoor garden that was once a farmers market. And Erick talked about the history as well as the story told by the beautiful mosaic windows that encircled the entire building. Windows that had been pieced together on tiny little glass shard at a time by one man. We also paid a visit to a small art museum as well as got ice cream and watched the hustle and bustle of the Sunday city life go by. Later we went back and watched the movie "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas." And after dinner it was time to say goodbye and return to life in Puebla with classes to complete and all.

No comments: