Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Boys: The good and the bad

Thursday was the scheduled day of the tennis tournement that I'd been entered into. Tuesday evening at practice coach had talked with two guys asking if either one of them could pick me up as I had no other way of getting to the tournement. One responded saying he didn't know if he'd be going to the tournement or not as he wasn't sure if he'd get out of classes. Thinking plans had been arranged I waited around the dorms for one of the guys to come and pick me. 11 o'clock rolls around and no one's come, this was the time the tournement was to start. I was ditched apparently. Angered I returned to my room to take a nap quickly getting over it knowing I'd see them both Tuesday and would be able to reem them out for forgetting me.

That same evening myself as well as one of my friends Anna, my neighbor Erica, and a girl from down the hall Regina went out to some clubs near by in Cholula. Friday I spent my day running some errands. Spent a good 20 minutes at the post office arguing with the employees over a importation tax that they had placed on an important package I'd had sent in order to begin my studies for Japanese. Afterwards I left frustated and jipped out of $86 (USD). The rest of my day I spent chatting with the boy from Toluca, Erick, and getting a head start on my Japanese.

Saturday I awoke somewhat early and made a last minute decision after talking more with Erick to go visit him once more. So I traversed once more to Toluca and spent my weekend with Erick and some of his other friends. Saturday he had a small house party for the soccer game that was taking place that day Mexico versus Costa Rica. Mexico won 2-0. We then went out to a bar to meet up with some other friends including Alex whom I'd met in Acapolco as well. Sunday we made breakfast together and afterwards we spent the day in a town outside of Toluca with his dad and his brother. We hiked up a large mountain like hill where there was a gigantic statue of Jesus on top and a beautiful view of the town below. Afterwards we spent the afternoon relaxing by a lake watching the various couples and families all while listening to a mariachi sort of band at the restaurant nearby. After that it was off to Erick's brother-in-laws family's place for an amazing fish dinner and tequila where we spent the evening in good company and conversation. It was after several hours spent here that I had to take the return trip to Puebla saying goodbye to amazing people with whom I hope to visit once more as they warmly welcomed me into their home and hearts and I as well...

No comments: