Monday, September 8, 2008

Photographias de Madrid

A shot of Madrid that I got from a hill near this cafe that I almost went tumbling over the edge but still managed to get this nice shot.
This is a shot of the back of the Palace from that hill that I almost fell over at the edge of town where I got the other shot!! LoL.
The little black dot is me!! In front of the Real Madrid stadium (that's the big league soccer stadium that holds over 80,000 people!! It was SWEET!!)
Stadium in two parts, part one...
... and part two...
The plaza near Palacio Real (Royal Palace) Pretty buiding, not sure what it was for though.
The Palacio Real (Royal Palace)
The Catedral Real next to the Royal Palace.
The courtyard that you were supposed to pay to get into but I stuck my camera through the gates and got this nice shot! (I'm to cheap for that stuff!! )
A really cool shot of Madrid from this bridge at the edge of town, right before the hill with the pretty cafe where I managed to get the other cool shot.

The entrance to the Retro Park.
The pretty pond and statue that was in the middle of the park.
A really pretty building in the middle of Madrid, reminded me of a picture I had in NY.
This is a building with the name something Americano can't remember exactly, I think it was the embassy but not positive. Those are two random heads... oops!
This was a statue and pretty fountain (Madrid had tons of those!!) near the royal palace.


An illegal picture of the "Black Paintings" by my favorite paintor Goya, who we learned so much about from Sr. Boka in high school... almost got my camera confiscated for these things!! It was well worth it though. (Taken inside the Prado)
Another Goya painting up close though.
Last Goya painting.
The Retro park near the Prado where we spent the lovely HOT afternoon siesta.
Another part of the huge park retro!









(Left) Is the front of the Prado, and (Right) is the entrance to the Jardines Botanicales (Botanicle Gardens) which we were to cheap to pay to get into a garden to see flowers. Lots of roses we saw from the outside though, and a really pretty gate.
Well that's it, there's more, but they're random and not many of myself, it's hard to take pictures of yourself. But those are the long awaited Madrid pictures. More pictures of the rest to come!!




No comments: